my plan now tell the end of this year in upgrading my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even If you arent Over Clocking the Opty is still a better choice IMO. I got it to 2.2ghz with stock cooling an value ram.

IMO?

well i feel more comfortable with a x2 3800+ because it has a HT 2000 MHz n it's desktop. I plan on OCing at least 200MHz more or so.

what is the bus speed of ur Opteron? The more the better.

IMO?

well i feel more comfortable with a x2 3800+ because it has a HT 2000 MHz n it's desktop. I plan on OCing at least 200MHz more or so.

what is the bus speed of ur Opteron? The more the better.

1.8 ghz is the Opteron 165's stock speed... and don't read those anymore... i mean it doesn't matter anymore...

1.8 ghz is the Opteron 165's stock speed... and don't read those anymore... i mean it doesn't matter anymore...

doesn't matter no more? y not? same generation proccesor that came out at same time and same technologies. We're not comparing with AMD and Intel here with very different cache sizes, clock speeds and FSB.

The 3800x2 has half the cache but we saw the reviews and A64 realy on a higher clock than more cache.

doesn't matter no more? y not? same generation proccesor that came out at same time and same technologies. We're not comparing with AMD and Intel here with very different cache sizes, clock speeds and FSB.

The 3800x2 has half the cache but we saw the reviews and A64 realy on a higher clock than more cache.

ok then i'll give u a better example then..... and this will prove to u that Clock speeds no longer matter.....

ok take some random Intel Core 2 Duo Processor... i'll use the e6320 vs the
Intel Pentium D 945 Presler (the clock speeds are 1.86 ghz and 3.4 ghz respectively) yet even tho the Presler has a higher clock speed and the same cache (nearly double in fact) the e6320 still trounces the Pentium D by a large margin.....

ok then i'll give u a better example then..... and this will prove to u that Clock speeds no longer matter.....

ok take some random Intel Core 2 Duo Processor... i'll use the e6320 vs the
Intel Pentium D 945 Presler (the clock speeds are 1.86 ghz and 3.4 ghz respectively) yet even tho the Presler has a higher clock speed and the same cache (nearly double in fact) the e6320 still trounces the Pentium D by a large margin.....

first of all, im planning on getting a dual-core, not the latest parts.......yet. A dual-core upgrade is a huge upgrade from single core n i need one dearly. Like i said, i will pass my mobo, graphics card, CPU, etc except HDD to my brother is my plan.

the point of why im doing this, is because of 1) i need my computer fixed RIGHT NOW *sig* 2) im gonna get Hellgate: London n a PhysX Accelerator probably at the same time, the game supports it n my parts r getting outdated for future games to run on it. Lastly, 3) ive been planning on getting rid of my computer but not garbage wise.

first of all, im planning on getting a dual-core, not the latest parts.......yet. A dual-core upgrade is a huge upgrade from single core n i need one dearly. Like i said, i will pass my mobo, graphics card, CPU, etc except HDD to my brother is my plan.

the point of why im doing this, is because of 1) i need my computer fixed RIGHT NOW *sig* 2) im gonna get Hellgate: London n a PhysX Accelerator probably at the same time, the game supports it n my parts r getting outdated for future games to run on it. Lastly, 3) ive been planning on getting rid of my computer but not garbage wise.

ya i know....... i wasn't talking to u... i was talking to darksideleader who disagreed with what i said about the clockspeeds.... but i say get the opty hands down

ya i know....... i wasn't talking to u... i was talking to darksideleader who disagreed with what i said about the clockspeeds.... but i say get the opty hands down

i just wanted to bunt in, sry.

to make the Opteron 165 as good as the x2 3800+, i need to intensely OC the Opteron 165, which i said im not gonna OC a lot, only a little bit. I've made up mind n im gonna get the x2 3800+, sry dude my choice.

clock speeds dont matter anymore youre right and when youre talking about optys and say they do matter thats just not right. The only real reason you buy and opty is too oc it so clockspeeds matter only in the fact that you can guess what it can top off with that. But they dont matter like they used to b4. Darkside thinks that if youre opty performs at 1.8ghz thats what it is wrong its not like before when we could oc a p4 to 4.0ghz and it would own.

i just wanted to bunt in, sry.

to make the Opteron 165 as good as the x2 3800+, i need to intensely OC the Opteron 165, which i said im not gonna OC a lot, only a little bit. I've made up mind n im gonna get the x2 3800+, sry dude my choice.

Ok then gl with that .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom