help with mem timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastrandstrongr

In Runtime
hey ya'll.

can anyone explain how to manually set memory timings? i have a set of xms 1gb 675 mhz sticks that should be running at 4-4-4-12, but are running at 5,5,5, 15 instead.

if there is a feature in the bios, i might not have it cuz i went looked through it pretty closely.

gracias

There should be a way (eg. for gigabyte boards you hold alt+F1 on the main screen).

Search the manufacturer's website and google. I dont know anything about ECS tho...

okay the lower the number, the faster the ram. When you were viewing your ram, you saw em at 5-5-5-15 which its idle speed but then when your comp starts working, it will go to its fastest 4-4-4-12.

okay the lower the number, the faster the ram. When you were viewing your ram, you saw em at 5-5-5-15 which its idle speed but then when your comp starts working, it will go to its fastest 4-4-4-12.

One for three in the correctness department....

The SPD information of the ram should have told your motherboard/BIOS to set 4-4-4-12 but for whatever reason the BIOS automatically sey it to 5-5-5-15..

Which can easily be corrected by manually setting them yourself. Someone already mentioned how to unlock the memory timmings for gigabyte boards...

yeah, the spd is 4-4-4-12, but i think my cheapo ecs board is so lame that it cant unlock the lower timings, i can only change the mhz of the ram. oh well, this isnt a performance machine anyways.

although if anyone knows how to overcome this short of buying a new board, lemme know!

yeah, there's nothin in the manual :(

too bad. hopefully i can stumble upon some cash in the near future to upgrade my mobo.

yeah the only timing settings i have are "auto" or "MaxMemClk" both which put the memory at 5-5-5-12 and 400mhz even though its rated far better than that. gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom