Looking into Cooling... Some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordrea

Beta member
Hello,
I have just set up a little thermometer in my case, and found a shocking 95.5 degrees show up. I doubt this is healthy for my PC, and I was thinking of looking into Liquid Cooling. However, I'm a programmer, not a hardware-guru, and I would welcome some help.

My system is a Dell XPS 400. I am unsure what liquid cooling systems need, so please let me know if you need any information from my CPUs or Motherboard.

I would not like to spend more than $200.

Thanks a lot for your time!
Michael

Is that Celcius, or Farenheit?

Looking at the specs, I see it has an ATI Radeon X850 XT, and a Pentium D 840. Both of which can run hot.
Especially the Pentium D.

Water cooling is effective, but it is also more expensive, and requires maintenance. I'd only recommend water cooling if you have a descent knowledge of the hardware.

You can get some good air coolers though, which work effectively with good airflow.

First we'll need to know what socket the CPU is (478, or 775). You can find out with a program called CPU-Z

@Ivan: Thanks for the input. :)

@ollithemagicbum: I love it. If you aren't buying a new computer, don't get it, but otherwise, get it. At first it doesn't feel much different from XP, but once you start getting deeper into, it's a lot more stable. On XP I had a lot of network problems, and problems with various programs. Now everything runs just like I've come to expect from Microsoft. Everything works, I've never had a crash, and I very rarely get things blown up in my face (modding tools don't like me, as they are the only thing to crash on Vista it seems...). Anyway, it's a nice OS, but read professional reviews for more detail.

95 Fahrenheit is normal temperature.... thats equal to 35 Celsius

don't waste your money buying anything as your comp is fine

HII B1GAPL!!!

@Ivan: Thanks for the input. :)

@ollithemagicbum: I love it. If you aren't buying a new computer, don't get it, but otherwise, get it. At first it doesn't feel much different from XP, but once you start getting deeper into, it's a lot more stable. On XP I had a lot of network problems, and problems with various programs. Now everything runs just like I've come to expect from Microsoft. Everything works, I've never had a crash, and I very rarely get things blown up in my face (modding tools don't like me, as they are the only thing to crash on Vista it seems...). Anyway, it's a nice OS, but read professional reviews for more detail.

ok thanks!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom