Replacing a case fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehollow

Beta member
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I have some questions about how to replace the case fan that's currently in my gaming PC. Many times when I start it I'll hear a buzzing noise coming from the case fan in the side panel; I cleaned all of the dust out but it still made the noise. I also tested out the other fans but they seem to work fine. So I know something's wrong with the case fan, and I want to replace it.

I've measured it and it's 80mm x 80mm x 25mm, and it connects with 4 screws in each corner to the side panel. I'm just wondering if you guys think this is a good replacement. If not, do you guys have any other suggestions for a replacement? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. See you around!

That would work but there are many other fans that fit the case. The 25mm doesn't matter in this case. What you need is a cheap, low dBa, high CFM fan.

do you want any kind of colour or theme to the fans??? do you want ones which glow or ones which light up. Do you want one which has a display built into it so you can read messages in the spinning fan blades like temperatures.D you care about the loudness of the fan. the dimensions you posted are pretty much the standard for an 80mm fan so just go to Newegg or somewhere and pick a top 5 from the 80mm fan list and then we will tell you if they're any good. The thing about fans is they are two varied and you can't just tell someone to get certain brands because models within brands vary

Alright, thanks for the replies so far guys. To answer your questions, I'd like to have a fan with LEDs, but it's not big deal if it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it has any sensors for temperature or speed control and whatnot, but I'd like it to be quiet. I've been looking at this one... nice LED, quiet, seems to move air around pretty well. What do you guys think? Also, this page lists the best selling 80mm fans, so if the above suggestion is not good, do you think any fans from this page would be a better selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom