AGP off, wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
okay, i downloaded my new drivers for my 9600 xt (the latest driver out from ATI). the weird thing is, under my settings in desktop, it says that my AGP slot is "off". i remember something in the BIOS saying something about my graphics slot being my PCI or something, but my card always functioned well, so i didn't pay any attention. does anybody know whats going on?

TeLeMuNdO! said:
i remember something in the BIOS saying something about my graphics slot being my PCI or something

If what you are saying is that your video card is PCI than maybe you have nothing installed in your AGP slot, hence AGP off is correct. if there's no problem don't worry about it.

I would uninstall the cards software and drivers.Then use Driver Cleaner 2 and remove any remaining drivers .Then reinstall the card.

i don't think they make 9600xt's in pci =/ If you don't notice any problems, dun screw with it haha.. that's a really weird thing to happen but..

after many errors, artifacts, and screwdriver shaped notches out of my wooden desk, i got it to read as a 8X AGP card in the ATI options. my game performance has also greatly improved, i can now run Farcry on the highest settings with no lag at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom