Corsair XMS2 not working to full potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

midi9191

Solid State Member
What do I need to change in the BIOS to make my memory work at 800mhz??

So far I'm getting 400 and 266, so I need to increase the 266 to 400 to get my best performance. What do I need to do???

Thanks in advance

400MHz is the real speed of your DDR2-800 memory. Since RAM speed is doubled (400 x 2 = 800). This is to increase the effectiveness of it's speed. So 800MHz is the effective speed.

but whats with the 266?
edit: oic, one stick is running at 400mhz and the other at 266mhz, thats odd

hmm...How is that happening, if he has 2 x 1gb DDR2-800 sticks, assuming it's a dual channel kit. Maybe he doesn't have them in dual channel?

If one was defective it wouldnt work at all. I know the maximum speed per stick is 400. but because of the 266 stick, and both sticks work as a pair, they work at the lower speed. I have them in memory slots 2 and 4.

They are matched pairs (twinx2), is there a BIOS setting?? Something?

are you sure they dont go into slots 1 and 2 or 3 and 4?
take a screenshot of cpuz, the "memory" tab and the "spd" tab and lemme see it.
take a dig. photo of your bios screen and post it so i can see that too if possible, i am not familiar with your mobo.
lol actually the "maximum" speed is waaaaaaaaaaaay more than 400mhz, amigo...post those screen shots. i have the same ram, along with some gskill, that i split time in the rig with.

I was reading the manual, and according to it, nagasama is right. It should be in either slots 1&2 or 3&4, to run dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom