My computer just had a random shutdown..

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I was playing my mmorpg when suddenly my computer just shut down. well it wasn't like that, it was just *turned off* and then when i turned the power back on, it was as if the computer was on hibernation mode.

well i opened up my computer to see if it was a heat issue, and i wasn't sure. the air blowing in my computer kinda felt hot. my temperature gauge said 50C. But then again, my temperature sensor was like on top of my video card, so it might not be that accurate.

my case has 2 fans (1 in the back, 1 on top), the cpu fan, video card fan.

my mobo is not messed up. i checked all capacitators and they're all fine.

however, should i try cooling down my computer by adding some fans or maybe thermal paste? i dont wanna do watercooling because i am very good at
messing up.

edit::::::::::::::::::::

i think my video card still has its protective film. what is this film for exactly?

Dust and dirt, some of the packaging used leaves a nasty powder on the card. I normally pull it off.

it IS possible that the issue was heat-related. check in your bios to see if you have set the computer to shut off or hibernate if the cpu reaches a certain temp. Same problem happened to me, but in my case the computer totally shut down.

My PC does that regularily because I use a 320w power supply and if I begin doing power intensive things it turns off. Just can't afford to fix it atm.

What kind of power supply do you have?

XCLIO GoodPower 500W

it didn't come with the 12V 8-pin thingy, but i bought the adapter and yeah. probably not the reason for this issue. anyway, i'll go check the bios.

PS: What do i look for in the bios? lol

Somewhere in your bios the pc is set to turn off at a certain high temp. It could be set too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom