X1950xt is very hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.

So the Antec just sucks air out of the case. But that other one draws it away from the graphics card...?

So which would be more effective? Because there is already a large cooling unit on the card.

I've just realised that this situation is quite ironic... beacuse it's a better card than my last one, which means I can monitor the temperature, it could have been that my old card was that hot but I just didnt know it.

no it just blows at it so the heatsink is much cooler and in fact im using it right now , its awsome ;)

heres couple pictures if your wondering how it looks:

Photo005.jpg

Photo014.jpg

Photo011.jpg

and yes i did sleeve my wires

Ah cool!

I see that you only have a heatsink on your card, but i have a massive plastic fan on it aswell, do you think it would still help?

Dw bout it sleeving is good, my came pre-sleeved , cos it was modular, helps airflow!

This is it:

dsc00526cn4.jpg

Shot with K800i at 2007-06-30

Oh yea so it does,

So do you think it would work? For only about £10 it's not too much expense!

they actually bump the price to $20 when i came there because they had to do a special order for me .
but what ever 5 bucks is just pocket change

for you you'd probably have to take off the modem thats under your video card or place it somewhere else , then plug the Vantec in the second slot down from your video card to blow air without stressing the fans

BTW i wouldnt suggest getting the Antec one because you'll get nothing out of it since its sucking air out while your video card is sucking air in, doesn't make sence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom