cpu thermal paste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
do i need to apply a thermal paste for my Core 2 Duo E6320? It has some gray thing on the heatsink when i just opened up the box but i never applied thermal paste or anything and it idles around 45-50C and (120F) loads at around 60C (140F) by only overclocking my FSB to 300MHz. What is the gray thing on the heatsink which came with my E6320 and is my temperature normal? My old Pentium D 930 hit high 80s and around 90s when it's on load which i know it's not good but i now have the E6320 which i bought my new motherboard and cpu because old motherboard fried...

The gray stuff, you're referring to, is the stock thermal pad, that comes with the stock heatsink. Your temperatures, are a little high, so applying AS5 thermal paste, will drop the temperature some.

hey yeah lol b1gapl i haven't seen you for some time and lol why are you not on msn or aim anymore? also i have this coolermaster thing but not AS5 thermal paste so yeah :\ what should i do? should i return it back to the shop and buy AS5 or should i use the 1 i have now? also what is so good about AS5?

AS5 is one of the best and popular thermal paste out there, for the money. Read the Battle of the Thermal Pastes link, under my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom