CPU/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee4me

Baseband Member
I want to update one of my older computers.
Since I'm going to put everything in a new case,would you recommend taking the CPU fan off the CPU, clean the surface and put new Artic Silver on it ?
Or just leave that part as it is now ?

Thank you

Don't listen to ivan, you don't need a nuclear bomb to take out a beach shack. It would be better to clean all the components of dust and to reapply the thermal paste. If you don't know how to do so, then its best to not touch it. If its a simple task for you, it would definitely be a plus to put AS5 on there.

Don't listen to ivan, you don't need a nuclear bomb to take out a beach shack. It would be better to clean all the components of dust and to reapply the thermal paste. If you don't know how to do so, then its best to not touch it. If its a simple task for you, it would definitely be a plus to put AS5 on there.

Thank you, Peter.
Yes, I know how to do task.
Thanks for a speedy reply! :)

i love over doing things though its always good to hav something good for future

btw i dont need a nuclear bomb to blow up a beach shack i need 10..............hydrogen bombs

Don't spread it, if you do you might make it too thin in some spots. Just let the tension of the heatsink spread it out. Thats my opinion, others might say the opposite.

Agreed with peter. Just put a rice grain sized dot, in the middle of the processor, and let the heatsink seating, spread it evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom