Thinking about pushing my xtx a little... Just don't know how far to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
I use a x1900xtx, and I wana OC it a little. I've been using ATI tool for ages, since its the best and all. I'd like to know how hot this thing is supposed to get, it idles around 40~45, and after 2 hours on fear it'll peak out at 85. yea, that's high, but again, those XTX's can produce more heat than the sun. So, my question is, should i oc, because my temps might be high, and is there a possibility if i oc too far with the automated Overclocking program on ati tool, that ill kill the card? Because I think that is what killed my x300se, one day i tried to see how much i could get out of it, and the clocks lowered, and then i tried oc'ing it back, and then it died.
i'd like any input, thanks

Do you have a 3rd party cooler for your gpu? Or have you replaced the thermal paste on the stock cooler with some better stuff? If your topping out high already I wouldn't try to push it unless your ready for more heat.

20,000 degrees fahrenheit?!?!?!? Holy crap! Lol anyway though yeah your gonna want to get a aftermarket cooler of some sort (vf-900 or w/e there new cooler is if it came out yet) with some as5 and run the fan at 100%. Those cards run hot and I have heard they dont overclock very much in comparision of clock speeds youll hit with some nvidia cards but youve got the card so prove me wrong. :)

lol pepsi its sarcasm :p

but, i just bought another high cfm 120mm fan for it, and yes its stock cooling, and i might get the artic cooling 2 accellerado (or whatever its called, its 20 bucks on newegg), i heard its better than the zalman for the x1900xtx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom