hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiocan

Baseband Member
hi,i just installed a new power supply,now the pc will power up,but no beeps and nothing works except the fans,when i start up, the hdd does not turn,but when i remove the ribbon cable you can hear it turning,tried another cable still nothing,could the mobo be fried.thanks

either your hdd just went out or

you could have a bad psu that has bad wires or something

if all else fails you might have lost your mobo do you have to ide ports on your mobo? if you do then try using the other one

thats all i can think of someone else should be able to talk to you and help you out more

grat ivan for the avatar
eiocon: did you recheck all your connections? maybe on of the plugs are loose. You could use a multimeter to check if the leads have voltages.

Do you still have your old power supply? If you do, I guess you could try the old one (unless it is broken, etc...) and see if it powers on. If it powers on and runs, then your new power supply is your problem. If it doesn't power on, then I would put my money either on 1.) 2x Dead power supplies, or 2.) Dead motherboard.

by any chance do you have any other systems with other power supplies?
and also, how many Watts is your old and new power supply's?

old power supply wont work,tried hdd in another system,it works,the old psu is 520 max,the new one is 480,i can hear hdd run until i plug ribbon cable into mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom