What you think of this Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like an alright system, by the video cards do have memory. It sounds like a pretty good laptop, especially for the price. I dont know about the AMD processors, i havent looked at amd processors, in a while mainly just because i just built a pc and dont need to upgrade. It sounds like a fast pc, at a good price; the only thing i would do if it were mine is buy it and immediately get rid of vista, and put xp on it.

The bigass 17" screen will sap battery life like crazy, but if you're fine with that, looks like a pretty decent deal.

2 hours maybe less depends what your using it for. mine has a 15" screen and lasts between 2.5-3.5 hours depending on the programs I have running, screen brightness, wireless, speaker volume

Yeah, I'd say you'll top out at 2.5 with everything at minimum and it will only ast 1.5 watching DVDs or gaming.

You can buy new batteries if its a concern, but they tend to run between $75-$100 each.

Well your question was, "What you think of this laptop?" Well its looking wonderful, plus its specs are good.
Then you went on about wanting something for college... consider these: if you are not a gaming fan/ you won't playing a lot of games, don't buy. Also, consider the cost, and think would this be ok for just college use- think what a waste/heart break if it got stolen etc....
But if you into games, have a lot of cash on your hands that you don't mind spending go a head, just want a good laptop and one you feel comfortable with then go ahead- plus the design/style looks great.

Yeah thats pretty expensive for just schoolwork, you really dont need anything that fast. Otherwise, that looks like an awesome laptop for the price. Although i have no previous experience w/ HP but that seems pretty good. That lcd will be a monster.

my laptop is what I use for college its a good laptop quite nippy plays some less graphically intensive games quite easily and doing work on its easy as its quite light and small with only 15" screen the battery life is good means I can go to my lessons and not have it conk out half way through or need to take the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom