is this a good monitor, any recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more thing, does the contrast ratio matter. well the scepter says its 1000:1. is that good. will i even notice a difference between the 700:1 and others.

the scepter is a budget monitor that uses 6-bit display technology, thats why it can display 16.2 million colors, but actually it displays 262,144 colors and uses FRC to create others. Monitors in this price range usually have poor off center axis viewing and is not ideal for a crowd of ppl, however if you are the only one using it most of the time then its perfectly fine.

HII BIGAPL!!!

one more thing, does the contrast ratio matter. well the scepter says its 1000:1. is that good. will i even notice a difference between the 700:1 and others.
you wont notice the difference really, but you will if you compare that 700:1 to a samsung 2000:1

Note: I just bought a ViewSonic OptiQuest series 20.1" with 1000:1 CR. They are very nice monitors, HOWEVER, buyer should beware that they have a history of burning out and leaving you with a lot of dead pixels after a couple months. The cause of this is most commonly attributed to the powerful backlight and high factory brightness settings. To prolong the life of your ViewSonic monitor (especially the 1000:1 CR ones), it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you Turn Down the brightness when you first get it and never crank it all the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom