destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
English 100% grew up from 1-5 in Texas and then moved back to the UK and my mum lives here in the UK, My dad lives in singapore and I go to a boarding school about an hour away from my house. So I English plus socially trained in the higher levels of society have a posh accent and what not lol

nope my mum doesn't work and my dad is a freelance loss adjuster for corporations which is basically where you try and fleece as much money as possible from insurance companies when a factory explodes or there is a power cut. As a result he works for international corporations over several years and as he does such a worthy job he gets loads of free stuff like when he worked for Ericsson which was a 5 year claim they gave us in total 12 of there new phones most of them before release lol I had a w810 3 months before they were officially released :D

That's a lot of places to live then, is it a major firm your dad works for.

no he's self-employed he is actually the only employee in his company lol he has connections all over to engineers/ architects/ lawyers / accountants etc...... which he hires when needed but he is the only full time employee. When he works for a company the claims take a couple of years and come to stupid amounts for example: Acompany was running an undersea Fibre-optic cable from Australia to Malaysia, the boat was lost during a storm with the cargo of all the cable. That claim came to around 470 million USD so the companies that he works for don't mind covering expenses including providing him with a office any time it is needed

**** thats a load of cash, so I am guessing your family is quite well off then :) lol you don't have to answer that. Dose he travel much?

hardly any of the money actually lines my dads pockets but yes we are quite well off. He supports me and my mum here and I cost 26,000 a year in school fees and he has a gf and a flat in Singapore which he is the main bread winner for. he travels tons corporations all over the world and so he travels where the work is if that means popping over to the US for a week once a month then he will he also has multiple claims at a time as claims can take several years and even longer when it goes to court my dad has a case from 13 years ago which he hasn't yet wrapped up. It is a pretty good job lots of money lots of travel manageable hours but a very difficult field to get into. When you make a insurance claim you get a loss adjustor working for the insurance company to visit your home and asses the damage and the minimal cost the insurance company has to pay that is what my dad did on a corporate scale 20 odd years ago then he flipped it around as the corporations pay a lot more then any insurance company who are obviously trying to get minimal costs from the claim against them.

If your a very good loss adjuster for an insurance company one of there top members of staff you will earn 50-100 thousand pounds a year which is steady. If you work for the corporations against the insurance companies then you don't have a steady pay but you get paid in lump sums at the end of the claim so its a gamble but if you win you win big :p.

There are all certain other perks of the job, such as when our house needed repairs they sent some young new loss adjuster out to survey the property and the damage. My dad put the guy in his place and just manipulated the situation like he is use to and we not only got enough money to repair our house we also did some improvements and restructured the whole east wing all paid for by the insurance company :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom