connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hey here's my problem:
I formatted my computer and reinstalled xp, loaded on everything I need like anti virus and firewall, itunes – everything I use. Anyway everything works fine (including internet explorer and antivir updater)until I try to use either msn messenger or limewire. The problem I get with limewire is that I will not connect and msn says cant . anyways I think these 2 things must be caused by the same problem. Oyea I had no problem before I formatted and I have tried turning off the firewall as well. Can anyone help?

I have had similar issues with MSN. I had uninstalled/reinstalled it several times and it still wouldn't work. I deleted every folder I could find for MSN. I finally copied all the MSN files from another computer to my laptop which was having the problem, ran MSN, it failed, then a reinstall worked. Weird.

i got msn to work, just by messing around a few times, dont know why its working now but hey lol i shutdown a few times and its still working, limewire is the problem now. there is no firewall with the anti virus software - its antivir (the free one, good enough job) and there is no windows firewall (at least as far as i know)- just sp1 at the minute. any idea's?

thanks for that. i have been using limewire for years, just gotta be carfull of what you download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom