Best CPU and motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel are having a price drop on july 21st an the Q6600 is dropping down quite a lot in price. The Q6600 runs very hot mind and this could be an issue without sufficient cooling. Quad core is not currently needed either as programs rarely support multi-threaded (multiple cpu's) atm this will obviously change gradually

They dont run that hot...mine doesnt go over 40C on load at 3.2Ghz on stock cooling.

Seriously look at getting a Q6600 on july 22nd. Also for a motherboard the one i just got, the P35-DS3R is a good one (not SLI tho) for overclocking and supports the upcomming intel pernyn cpus.

OCZ is good on par with Geil. With corsair you pay for the name

i disagree. my xms2 c4 performs (a little) better than my gskill HZ. i love them both. they cost about the same. i think the xms2 is about 10.00 more, but it comes with a 40.00 MIR. making it a killer deal, no doubt. thats 91.00 for 2gb of some kick a$$, low-latency ram.

Corsair has had an excellent reputation for being a great memory for gaming builds with their performance line. As for quad core cpus those are more for server type boards with some now seeing SLI capability. The idea of quad core is the increased support for multitasking. As far as ocing any cpu will see higher temps when you place a stress on them.

Good cooling through out the case will help alot more then just having a big cooler for the cpu. With the intro of the 12v cpu feed for P4s boards now see an increase in power distribution making them warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom