any suggestions on upgrading my current system

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i meant to say that should i consider a mobo that can be compatible with the new line of procerrosr that are coming out, i dont know what they are. coz i use p4 right now, and its sufficient for me, all i do is internet surfing, watching movies and play some counterstrike. so if i upgrade to a 3600, i dont think i will need to upgrade for a long time.

how much have u overcloked urs, my memory is valueselect, so will i have a hard time overclocking, coz i wanna atleast get it to 3ghz.

^^get a mobo with a 590 chipset if you want to get the most out of your cpu^^
any of the am2 mobos will (supposedly) be compatible with am2+.
i can clock mine to 3++ ghz.
yes, your ddr2 533 will probably hold you back. i have to lower my ddr2 800 gskill to ddr2 533 to get good overclocks. once you get up in the fsb 300 (will take 316 x 9.5 to reach 3ghz) range....you will be pressing pretty much any (good) ram to the limit if overclocking it.

hey man i would suggest my heatsink that i use its called the scythe ninja

Newegg.com - Scythe SCNJ-1100P 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - Retail

AMD athlon 64 X2 3600+ brisbane core low temps 35c

i also suggest the am2 mobo

Newegg.com - DFI C51PV-M2/G Infinity Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

that combo is my friends and its a great am2 setup that is pretty future proof and it runs great

i like the arctic freezer pro64 better... some site has it for 20$ might wanna get it....

also when it comes to buy and OC, nagasama is the man with the AMD overclocking.... that bad a** guy will help u overclock it... i can help... somewhat i had a system like nagasama's except mine had m2n sli deluxe and 1 7900gs, 2 gb mushkin ram kit..... stupid lightning!!!!!! (i had to give my sister my well earned good budget system :()

well i like the biostar coz its cheap, evga is expensive. i want a cheap mobo which overclocks well and can be used for a while. so 590 mobos take the most advantage of the X2???

yes, it will give you a higher htt than the t550, most likely. i can get my 3600 to 335+ htt.
the evga is worth the extra 40 or so dollars if you plan heavy overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom