Random lock ups and restarts while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a DMM and check the PSU Rails and amperage..

Get a cheap video card @ whatever slot you have just in case u have to test it out. There are many good options on newegg now...

Let me throw a couple out there that could run some higher end games least on low to mediumish settings. ( I am going to assume AGP 8x)
X1650
7600GS
9600Pro

temps? drivers up to date? any programs running in the background that might cause a conflict (norton, etc)???

I have had WoW running all day and I haven't yet had a problem. I just reinstalled XP, and am using the latest NVidia drivers. Seems to help, but I will keep an eye on it.

The other day I took the machine outside and cleaned it with an air compressor. Could have solved some heat problems.

The CPU temperature is never above 36-38C. I don't know about the video card. Is there something I can use to monitor it?

Would stress testing the machine say anything. (3dmark or something)

Thanks for all the input.

you can check your graphics card temps by:

right clicking on your desktop - select properties - settings tab - click advanced - 6800 tab on the top - click temperature settings on the left and it will show you the temps

It has been almost a week, without any problems, until today. It crashed twice while playing WoW.

While checking inside the case, I realised the +12v (I think) 4 pin connector was not plugged into the motherboard. I plugged it in and booted back up.

Could this have been causing problems? Will having it plugged in verses not change anything?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom