can magnets damage my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
i want to stick stuff to the side of my case with magnets but is it safe? i heard only neodymium magnets can damage a computer but how do i tell if its a normal magnet or if its a neodymium magnet?

magnets are safe the only reason why it is dangerous to have them near a hdd is because the data is magnetically stored hdd's have super powerful electro magnets built in to them. If you have a CRT tv or monitor then magnets will distort the image

I read that HDD already has a neodymium magnet inside to make the platter move. so im guessing im safe to put magnets on my case?

the neodymium magnets comes in pairs that cancel each others out so there isnt an magnetic field. fridge magnets are safe, meodymiums on the case isnt

magnets are safe the only reason why it is dangerous to have them near a hdd is because the data is magnetically stored hdd's have super powerful electro magnets built in to them. If you have a CRT tv or monitor then magnets will distort the image

thats what i've heard too.... but will some1 will be willing to test this out ;) (don't hold me liable.....)

well, i have an old pentium 2 computer thats still working and has its HDD. i'm going to put some magnets on top of my HDD and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom