WindowsXP updates and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

RezRunner

Solid State Member
OK guys and others.
I'm curious which Updates I really need? Should I just install all of them? I already have Windows XP SP2, and I know there are like 80 +/- updates. Also someone told me I should remove Microsoft Java Virtual Machine and install Sun JAVA, is this needed with Windows XP SP2?

When you are at the MS update site and can choose between express or custom the later works best. You can choose to uncheck items as well as look at the optional hardware and software updates the system scan will reveal there. These can include updated ISP drivers as well as for other hardwares added on the system like a tv tuner card.

For removing the MS version of Java VM remains an option you have to decide on. The Java runtime you see in Windows is already SUN's Java. Often iif something requires Java in any form you will be directed to the download page at SUN. Some online and other media type players as well as active x requires having Java runtime installed. It's not necessary just to run XP with or without SP2. Third party sources are what require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom