Using ATI Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
A lot of you guys who have been helpin be these past few days already know now that I just got my 7900gs

I used riva tuner, ntune and now im trying ati tool.

It has the option to detect max core and ram.
Now the question i have is...

In order to do the following should i leave the settings at default or do I have to set them to 0 first?

And is it normal to get lags and freeze for a few seconds, and will it stop automatically.

And from the pc i have with all the stock cooling...what is that max core and ram speed i should expect.

What average temp should i have when not gaming and while gaming.

I do have my cpu on the top of my desk close to the window which i leave open when im sure its not going to rain.
And i just bought a fan for my room. My room is pretty big...its pretty much lik a basement made into a room.

Well enough said about that.

What should I do now and expect?

Thanks

A lot of you guys who have been helpin be these past few days already know now that I just got my 7900gs

I used riva tuner, ntune and now im trying ati tool.

It has the option to detect max core and ram.
Now the question i have is...

In order to do the following should i leave the settings at default or do I have to set them to 0 first?
no, you can't run a video card at 0MHZ anyway (otherwise it wouldn't really be doing anything)

And is it normal to get lags and freeze for a few seconds, and will it stop automatically.
it won't stop trying to find a stable overclock automatically. You have to tell it to stop.
If it reaches a boundary, it will keep trying to push against that boundary until you stop it or if it crashes (it won't always, depends on the card)

And from the pc i have with all the stock cooling...what is that max core and ram speed i should expect.
You should get less than 600MHZ. How much less varies between cards.
Unless you decide to voltmod it. Some people can get over 750MHZ, depending on how high voltage they use.

What average temp should i have when not gaming and while gaming.
depends on the game, and how fast it's running.

Im getting around 580 for core and 870 for the other one. And my temps stay under 75 when playing games?

hmm, I'd say it should stay under 70. A lot of the time, the thermal paste isn't very well done at stock though. If it were me, I'd at least replace the thermal paste with AS5.

Where would I be able to buy that and where would i be applying it?
And if I apply it will i be able to keep the oc settings i have now?

And does this void the warranty?

i dont think ill risk it.
Honestly im satisfied with what im getting now.
I've been playing my games with not tear or anything. I do get rare lags..But that might be because i max out the settings, or it could be my processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom