is an opteron worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok i read a lot off good things bout the opteron resently and it seems like the cheapest option for an upgrade for now how much performence increase do you think i would get i was looking at an opteron 170

yes definitely i was going to get one but my mobo cant oc worth a crap. If you get luck though you'll get an opty that will OC in the low 3's. :D

since 939 optys are cheap i guess so for its socket. AM2 opties for servers, but u'll proberly use an xeon anyway.

my mobo wotn oc for shit so i was gonna get the 170 but what can it be compared to on the intel side is it beter then a e6300 atleast? and what performence increase will i get over my 4000+x1 and will it botle neck a 8800gts 320mb

really shit i dont wana spend money on a peice of crao thats why i thought this woulda been a quick solution so i shoudl just save some money and get a quad in july?

no no no get an FX-60, it's the best processor for 939. I'm afraid to say that the only way to get it now a days is off ebay for about $399-$369. Once i get the money, ill probably get it unless im closer to the release of the 790x chipset n Phenom/FX, ill get that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom