Looking for way to convert .dream to mpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I use XP and have no desire to go to Vista... but I really like the idea of dreamwhatever it is called. I have found some cool ones, but I need to convert them to mpegs.

Anyone know of anything that will do it?

I dont think there is a way. I know that Dreamscene from Vista Ultimate has been hacked to other OS's. But the Dream's from wincustomize are already ripped from something else and converted to .dream format.

But from what i have read a dream is only a file that is renamed to that. It can also be a mpeg or wmv. So maybe try to just rename it to a .wmv or something else. Maybe that will work?!?

So, what are the original dreamscene files called, and can they be converted?

It depends on what files you want to convert. The .dream files from wincustomize are just .wmv or a mpeg.

The dreamscene files from M$ are something totally different. Those are just .wmv files that are played on your desktop.

So if you are trying to convert the dreamscene files you shouldnt have to. But the .dream files form wincustomize you will have to rename. Most likely they are .wmv or a .avi file. Only way to know is to conatct the maker of the .dream and find out how they did it.

I have searched the wincustomize site for any info on how to create a .dream file and came up with nothing. I figured if you could figure out how to create one the process would be the same to reverse it.

But alas they dont give much info on how to create a .dream file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom