Good graphics card under £150 ($274)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer444

Baseband Member
any advice about a good graphics card under this price, not interested in extras (video capture etc) and which is better, ATI or nvidia?

MOST people I speak with are ATI fans. I myself have an Nvidia GeForce III (ancient) but it has been absolutely reliable and I love it.
However, I am buying an ATI Radeon 9800 128mb card ($230) with my next computer and I think you probably should too. Either get the true ATI Radeon 9800, or the ATI Sapphire (ATI chipset n' stuff but made by Sapphire w/ better cooling) is about $20 cheaper and they're very popular.

sounds good, i heard that nvidia are what most games are developed with, does this matter?

gamer444 said:
sounds good, i heard that nvidia are what most games are developed with, does this matter?

For some cards, yes.

And stay away from sapphire.

gamer444 said:
whats wrong with sapphire?

They make 128-bit 9800 Pros, infact they are the only company that does that. If you bought a Sapphire 9800 Pro 256-bit, it might poissbly turn out to be a 128-bit. There were many people complaining about this.

I dont like the sound of that, im looking at the Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro 128MB. Is this a good card?

True_Orb said:
MOST people I speak with are ATI fans. I myself have an Nvidia GeForce III (ancient) but it has been absolutely reliable and I love it.
However, I am buying an ATI Radeon 9800 128mb card ($230) with my next computer and I think you probably should too. Either get the true ATI Radeon 9800, or the ATI Sapphire (ATI chipset n' stuff but made by Sapphire w/ better cooling) is about $20 cheaper and they're very popular.

I have a GeForce3Ti200 and it outpreforms a 9200SE that I also have and am giving away as soon as I get my 9800PRO back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom