I'm an Excel noob, can I make it do the following somehow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket1406

In Runtime
Hey guys.

So basically in my spreadsheet I have a bunch of blue "blocks" of numbers in between a black sheet of numbers.

(basically my important data is in blue)

My teacher wants me to delete all the black text on the spreadsheet except for one black field above and below every blue block.

It looks like this

Black
Black
"Black"
Blue
Blue
"Black"
Black
Black

I have to delete the Black, but keep the "Black" and the Blues.

So I have to do Right Click --> Delete --> Shift Cells Up --> OK, like 100 times.

Is there anyway I could make Excel do that, but the command be:
Right Click --> Tab button

and have it do the same thing?

Thanks a lot, some shortcut like that would save me HOURS.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

You can delete muliple lines at one time. Holding the Ctrl button while clicking will allow you to select multiple lines that are not in order to delete at one time. If the data you need is smaller than what you want to delete you could select the lines you want to keep copy them and paste them in a new sheet.

I tried that, but across multiple rows and columns, when I do control, and then delete, at the end one of the columns is always one or two rows higher than it should be.

(It's not a proper delete)

try selecting the rows and do a right click then delete and a box should come up and you select the radio button that says delete entire row... that should get rid of it.... at least from my understanding

ok so.... you have info that you want deleted from your excel file but you want all the other info to stay in the same place.... if you press ctrl and select the seperate cells you want to delete then you can right click and go to clear contents.... then again im using office 2000 and 2003 so maybe urs is different... let me know if it works...

can you post a pic of the spreadsheet. I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to accomplish.

so

red
black - del
black - del
black
blue

and if it's

blue
black
black - del
black
blue

basically delete all black that is NOT touching a blue. if it's touching a blue, I can't delete it because I need those values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom