Seagate Barracuda 7200.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... thats gona be a crapload of money for yhe 1tb... but id get the 500gb version.

why????????? the introduction of the 1tb seagate to the market will push down the figures as hitachi have to do price drops to keep there customers as they are no longer the kings of the 1tb market and no longer set the price independently its a bit of healthy competition.

I think that the Seagate 1TB is faster than Hitachi 1TB and it produce less noise.

Seagate 1TB has 4 platters, Hitachi 1TB has 5 platter, but the less platters the hard drive have the better it is

for noise the less platters the better for speed more platters the better. The seagate will be faster it has had an extra year of development and comes with 5 year warranty

I think that the Seagate 1TB is faster than Hitachi 1TB and it produce less noise.
And knowing Seagate, it'll be more reliable, and have a better warranty.
for noise the less platters the better for speed more platters the better. The seagate will be faster it has had an extra year of development and comes with 5 year warranty
I disagree. I think less platters should make it faster.
It means there are less read/write heads, and they don't have to switch between them as often

*edit*
over 100MB/s sustained rate is extremely fast. How much does the Raptor get?

surprisingly, in my old computer, i had a 200gb segate barracuda, it died, and i replaced it with a WD hdd, 200gb, thanks to the warranty on my computer, and this one has never failed, and im happy with it. might try raiding this or get the 750/1tb version of this hdd... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom