Results with new 7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
try riva tuner. it may work better than ati tool. i like it better anyway. i can get my 7900gs' up to 565/880.
if it is freezing up, that means you have it overclocked too far, and you have reached the limit of your card, likely.

stock cooling. i still have stock cooling, but i run 2 cards. the lower one gets a little hotter because my pci sound card sits close to it. they both get pretty warm, but that is to be expected.

the mem clocks way more than the core. I cant get my core or it lags. But i know i can keep going more on the mem.
What are your idle temps and when playing games?

45* c on the top card, 48-50*C on the bottom when idle. goes up to about 70ish when playing bf2, max everything. i have really good air flow in my case, and loads of fans.

Is their a fan that I can purchase for like 20 bucks. And if their is one...how much more will I be able to overclock....Like what will be an approx score increase?

Is their a fan that I can purchase for like 20 bucks. And if their is one...how much more will I be able to overclock....Like what will be an approx score increase?
Try this:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Accelero X1 Fluid Dynamic VGA Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

I haven't used that cooler, but it should be good, since it is made by arctic cooling.
A few people have had trouble fitting it on 6800's, and an XFX 7800 GT. But it should fit fine on a 7900 GS (basically the same layout as 7900 GTX, 7900 GT, and 7950 GT)

The best results will come from voltmodding though. If you get that accelero X1, it should handle more voltage.

You can put it up to 1.55V with only a conductive pen, which is a relatively safe voltage, but should allow you to overclock to 700MHZ or possibly more.

But I don't recommend more than 1.4V with stock cooling.

I dont even know how that thing would fit in my case and where it would go. And the reviews werent good.
When you mentioned I will be able to oc to 700 or more...were you talking about the core or mem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom