HP Pavillion XE783 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe_hacker

In Runtime
My case is extremely small. Everything is jam packed inside. I opened it up to put a new video card in and I couldn't find one. I found the port where you connect the moitor and I looked to see what it was connected to. It is connected to a small black box shaped thing. I have no idea what it is. If it is the video card, then can I replace it?

I'm assuming your motherboard has integrated graphics.
So you don't have an AGP slot on your motherboard?

J/W What video card did you get?

There's HP for ya. Build yourself a new computer. Don't waste your time trying to upgrade an HP, it can't be done. Even if you could add a new graphics card, the special HP power supply would not be strong enough to support it.

No, I dont have an AGP slot. It is a NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440-SE GPU. My friend bought it and decided he wanted a better one so he gave me this one to try.

You're right, I cant do crap with this thing as far as upgrades. There is no space. And I think they made the computer this way so it WOULD be hard to upgrade.

That's right. HP doesn't want you to be able to change your system at all because they want you to return to them for a new computer. That company thrives off of people's ignorance. I think it is wrong and unethical if you ask me. I know because I wasted $1000 on an HP last summer that I already replaced with a home built machine (which I love!).

HP......bummer. Anyway, that sucks that you wasted that 1000, but its cool you built your own. I want to build my own but I gotta get a job first. I don't have any money for computer parts.

I usually have the same money problem. I slowly upgrade my computer - it always lags behind the current technology just a bit... Plus i had to buy cheap crap parts so i am now without a computer (forced to use junk parts for crappy replacement or borrow my bro's computer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom