Problem with my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

peustace

Beta member
I'm in the middle of building my first PC. I have a hard drive, dvd drive, a graphics card and ram only on board at the moment. When I turn on the PC all the fans start running (CPU Fan, Power Supply Fan, and case fan). The hard drive appears to start running as you can hear it. However there is no signal output from the graphics card. Also the dvd drive doesnt light or open when I press the eject button. I've tried to remove the ram, dvd drive and graphics card but nothing changes. I'm not getting any beeps or anything.

Any ideas what to do? I've no spare parts lying around with which to test different hardware. I've really stuck here. I've had the PC build for the last few months but havnt had any luck getting it to work.

Any help here guys greatly appreciated!
Pa

have you checked you have fully inserted the graphic card? you should hear a click or something when you push it in. but don't put too much force or it may damage the card. also have you checked that you plugged in the 4 pin power or 6 pin power for both dvd drive and graphics card? make sure you fully insert them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom