Are these good parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought that if you changed motherboards, you'd have to get it re-activated... Cuz i swapped HDD's once already (used Norton Ghost for this), and i figured that it just accepted the new HDD, since I didn't switch motherboards. Cuz I thought OEM locked onto your mobo serial number in prebuilt systems (cuz that's what I have). Maybe I won't have to put a new OS on my new build...(although, I most likely would, that way if I ever had to use this one, I could just turn her on).

like i said, i went with two completely different motherboards and had no problems. just make sure you uninstall the drivers cleanly. i dont htink windows cares what mobo you have, or if you switch it out or whatever.

Ah, ok. Well I had heard that you'd have to call MS in order to reactivate it if you were switching motherboards with an OEM version of Windows.

btw, you dont need that 700w psu. i dont know about that specific psu but 500w will do you fine. ask someone a little bit more knowledgeable for details

I did ask, but nobody gave me an answer on here xD. On another forum, they told me it wouldn't be enough, since I'd be powering an 8800/c2d/multiple HDD's/optical drives xD. I'd rather have more than enough power than too little tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom