nvidia vs. ati

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always found nvidia always making horrible mid-range products. But then ATI is horribly over priced. What can you do?

dude i would have to say ATI........for now. Reason is is because AMD just bought ATI, Nvidia's competitor, n it's very likely we wont see very many Nvidia chipsets with AMD's CPU sockets, at least from what ive seen.

i believe their product, HD 2900 XTX, can blow the 8800 Ultra out of the water. Right now it's rumored to have a 65nm which can totally bring down power consumption so it wont take 240w or 250w or whatever the HD 2900 XT takes. This is my next graphics card, OEM version by the way, im going to do whatever i can to not get a graphics card until this baby is released. I dont even have a job yet, but i need a graphics card to replace my 6600 LE though.

ATI (AMD) > Nvidia

dude i would have to say ATI........for now. Reason is is because AMD just bought ATI, Nvidia's competitor, n it's very likely we wont see very many Nvidia chipsets with AMD's CPU sockets, at least from what ive seen.

i believe their product, HD 2900 XTX, can blow the 8800 Ultra out of the water. Right now it's rumored to have a 65nm which can totally bring down power consumption so it wont take 240w or 250w or whatever the HD 2900 XT takes. This is my next graphics card, OEM version by the way, im going to do whatever i can to not get a graphics card until this baby is released. I dont even have a job yet, but i need a graphics card to replace my 6600 LE though.

ATI (AMD) > Nvidia
amen. you are so correct.

i always found nvidia always making horrible mid-range products.

What do you think about 6600GT and 7600GT ? They were the best mid ranged video card at its time.

Right now 7600GT is the best choice for people who want to buy a good video card under $100

i believe their product, HD 2900 XTX, can blow the 8800 Ultra out of the water. Right now it's rumored to have a 65nm which can totally bring down power consumption so it wont take 240w or 250w or whatever the HD 2900 XT takes.

You can't know that HD2900XTX will be better or not, before it comes out, and from what I know HD2900XTX will not come out. Instead ATI will release HD2950XTX in August or September. But again nvidia G92 will come out late this year and it supposed to beat all ATI products.

And you should not forget that 8800series came 6 months before HD2900 series. When 8800 series came out it was the top video card, and currently nvidia still have the top video card. So, nvidia had top products for most of the time.

What do you think about 6600GT and 7600GT ? They were the best mid ranged video card at its time.

Right now 7600GT is the best choice for people who want to buy a good video card under $100

You can't know that HD2900XTX will be better or not, before it comes out, and from what I know HD2900XTX will not come out. Instead ATI will release HD2950XTX in August or September. But again nvidia G92 will come out late this year and it supposed to beat all ATI products.

And you should not forget that 8800series came 6 months before HD2900 series. When 8800 series came out it was the top video card, and currently nvidia still have the top video card. So, nvidia had top products for most of the time.

totally right there maroon5..... i can't believe som1 would say that the 7600gt and 6600gt are bad mid-range cards....

and i talso thought the hd2900xtx was skipped... but thanks for confirming maroon5 <- (i just realized thats just like the band)

The 7600gt was a great midrange card especially if we don't talk overclocking. But if we do talk with overclocking then it wasn't always the best.

Back when a 7600gt was ~$180 a x1800gto from Sapphire or HIS was a much better card if overclocking and just as good at stock speeds. Like I said my x1800gto overclocked over 30% better than a 7600gt could with stock cooling. Might of been a even higher % but I don't remember exactly.

how u know that for sure that the HD 2900 XTX was canceled? All i know is that it has been pushed to Q3 of this year. Give me a reliable source that it was canceled or an "HD 2950 XTX" is suppose to replace it.

It's not easy anymore before it was simple you could get a 5900 or a 9800 and you'd know you could play just about anything. Nowadays you can get a last gen card and probably you would still be able to play games at a good resolution and FPS ratio. In the end it all comes down to budget and preference really.

ATI really controls a lot of the lower end market, while Nvidia really controls the higher end. ATI only has one high end card, to Nvidias 4. So at this point the competition isn't as heated as it's been before, hopefully we see things get back to usual soon enough, because without competetion in the high end market, we've see Nvidia cards with huge prices, which isn't cool.

ATI really controls a lot of the lower end market, while Nvidia really controls the higher end. ATI only has one high end card, to Nvidias 4. So at this point the competition isn't as heated as it's been before, hopefully we see things get back to usual soon enough, because without competetion in the high end market, we've see Nvidia cards with huge prices, which isn't cool.

well just to remind u, ATI *now AMD or DAAMIT* has had a rough half year ever since AMD bought ATI. From then on, AMD has had struggles, including getting the quad-cores out the door. Be thankful that ATI has at least one high-end product on the shelves instead of none. I just wish that the HD 2900 XT didnt cost so much compared to the 8800 GTS 640mb n consumed 240w then i would probably get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom