Controlling fan speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this one is a tricky one for me, i still dont understand it. I have a DFI Infinity ULTRAII-M2 and its got 5 fan connectors, one for the cpu, one for the chipset, one for a front fan, one for a side panel fan, and one for a back fan. but the thing is tho, I can only controll the CPU, CHIP, and FRONT fans...little annoying, because I need to have the one in the psu controlled, I have a fan controller, but I'd like to see the speed of the fans, and I have no way to have it get power from the fan controller, and get a cable down to the connectors to read the speeds. Is it a limitation with the board, or is there a setting in speedfan I have to set? here is a pic of the main page of speedfan. Oh, and dont freak out by TEMP 2, its my chipset, it can take 90, so im not worried, id upgrade the cooling, but the heatsink for my 7300le is directly over....POOR PLACEMENT DFI!!!!

lol

and also, Ill have one of the settings page in configure.

and on a completely different subject, have a good laugh at the last picture

Attachments

• SFF.JPG
    SFF.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 35
  • sffc.JPG
    sffc.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 32
  • wtf.JPG
    wtf.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 33
You can't control the speed of the PSU fan unless it has a knob on the back

my sony vaio desktop system has a PSU fan that blows towards my CPU (LOL its my cpu/PSU fan) , anyway it died running on the psu so i cut the 3 cables and soldered a 3 pin adapter and now its running off my mobo , works perfectly fin but i had to dent the PSU to squeeze through the cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom