Final overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey insane now that I'm turning in my computer, were in the very same boat. I plan to build a computer come July 22nd ( with help from some friends ). Im stuck between deciding to get a q6600 or a e6750 ( leaning toward quad core for it being future proof ).

I already have a 8800 gtx and 2 gigs of Gskill HZs, and lemme say I did a 16 hour memtest with my Asus P5N-E mobo ( which I will no longer be having when I return it ) and got 0 errors. I think the HZs are great ( and look the coolest...not like it matters ), the bios sets em to 5-5-5-13 but they are really 4-4-4-12 and 2.013 volts ( provided info by g.skill tech support and discreetly on the box ).

Neweggs not really working right now so I can't see your case, but ill prob go with ur same PSU, and I'm still not sure about my mobo. Lemme just say this 2 8800s GTXs don't seem like a viable option ( could barely fit 1 in, 2 would overheat so bad in P5N-E ). So maybe I better stick with a board that can't SLI...although I don't know anything about the DS3 boards. I'm also too scared to go 650i chipset to be honest, even though x16,x16 sli proves slower now, in the future I think they will be faster then x16,x8 my current asus board provides.

Yea, im happy with my build. I will be staying with the g.skill ram. I will also be getting a quad core, as you said, it is more future proof.

As for sli, I agree it's not really worth it at this time. I am still trying to decide between the msi platinum and the ds3r. The only difference between the 2 is wether to sli proof or furture proof.

When newegg does work for you, let me know what you think of the case.

Yea, im happy with my build. I will be staying with the g.skill ram. I will also be getting a quad core, as you said, it is more future proof.

As for sli, I agree it's not really worth it at this time. I am still trying to decide between the msi platinum and the ds3r. The only difference between the 2 is wether to sli proof or furture proof.

When newegg does work for you, let me know what you think of the case.

ds3r... easy choice.....

Yea, i agree. I'll probably go with the ds3r.

Why thought? Does it overclock well? I dunno why people are so big on selecting a cheaper mobo, Mobos don't vary in pricing that much compared to other things like gfx cards, and Mobos can't exactly be upgraded.

man I'm not so sure about the q6600 anymore, the e6750 seems to beat it in every game performance test ( not synthetic tests )

of course thats what happens when you compare a quad-core to a dual-core. Make up your mind if your working on your comp or just shooting aliens (gaming) and choose the right CPU. I think we all know which one your gonna chose.

of course thats what happens when you compare a quad-core to a dual-core. Make up your mind if your working on your comp or just shooting aliens (gaming) and choose the right CPU. I think we all know which one your gonna chose.

...single core pentium 4? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom