windows media player 11 on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman1391

Baseband Member
i have been trying to add files to my library but it wont let me, it just says " there are no files in the library yet- the player is searching for digital media files in the background click here to add files to the library now" so i click there and it brings up the add files to library thing, so i click on my folder then click ok , it goes back to the other screen but does nothing so i click on the click here again and the folder i had just added isnt there

any help?

ive tried reinstalling it

thanks,
madman

WMP 11 is too Vista geared for XP. When trying it on two versions of Home and Pro editions it was soon removed and replaced by WMP 10 which works great! I keep clicking the no button for the auto update to 11 when the prompts come up. 11 comes standard with Vista there.

I have used WMP11 on XP since it was a Beta with no issues.

I am guessing that you are not giving it time to search your library. Open WMP. Click the library tab. Click Add to Library. Go under Advanced Options and add in your folder. Then click OK and it should search your folders that you have in your Library preferences.

If it doesnt do this there are 2 possible reasons. 1 a virus. 2 a cracked version of WMP that stripped some vital components needed to run it right.

I have used WMP11 on XP since it was a Beta with no issues.

I am guessing that you are not giving it time to search your library. Open WMP. Click the library tab. Click Add to Library. Go under Advanced Options and add in your folder. Then click OK and it should search your folders that you have in your Library preferences.

If it doesnt do this there are 2 possible reasons. 1 a virus. 2 a cracked version of WMP that stripped some vital components needed to run it right.

ya ur right........

I agree with Makavali213, I've had WMP11 ever since it came out and its hasn't been a problem to me.

One fast way of adding things into the library is to open a Windows Explorer window and drag the contents of a folder to the play column and save it there as a play list. Each time you open WMP you can choose from the list of lists you create. That can save a lot of time. With both versions of XP here I found WMP 10 worked the best for various reasons. If you have 11 running and it's not broken you don't have to fix iit. 10 is also a preference.

I have used WMP9, 10 and now 11. they all work jsut fine. WMP11 wasnt geared toward Vista. The only thing different between them is that the Vista WMP11 uses Aero while the XP one doesnt. I create my library in XP and it carries over to Vista. They both work exactly the same.

So to me it just seems that something else is the underlining problem. Just ahve to figure out what it is.

With WMP 10 you don't have to put up with the auto connect to web pages everytime you play an mp3 or put an audio disk in the drive. Plus you can keep the menu bar visible while in 11 that auto hides itself. That and the Aero style are covered by the preference there.

Here's what you do,

1. Open WMP
2. Go to File, Add to libary > Search by monitoring Folders.
3. Restart WMP

And wait for your media player to fill up. ;)

Useually My Music folder is the default monitored folder, try putting your music in there and see if it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom