Random Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
My comp just randomly restarts every so often, at the time im just emailing or gaming, just normal everyday stuff, never oc'd and have run several virus scans found nothing so i reformatted, could it be a faulty psu?its still failry new, a thermaltake 680 watt pure power

Overclocking at all?
Room temp and CPU temp?

If Temps are fine and your not overclocking.
Google, download, and burn to disk memtest86+, boot off of it and run for minimum of 4 hours.

If no errors come back grab A DMM and test PSU Rails and Amperage..

I never overclock at all, tried overclocking gpu for a bit then put everything back to default, whats a quick easy program i can download to moniter my cpu temp?

Hmm i might have found the problem, or a factor that is affecting it, heres how it goes after i reformatted i was doing fine until i installed hamachi (which i have used many times before without problems) after i installed hamachi i couldnt connect to the internet at all so i reinstalled my nvidea chipset so i culd reconnect i did so i treid installing hamachi again, when the installation came to installing the hamachi network drivers the computer restarted so i tried installing a newer updated hamachi, it installed fine but whenever i tried to start it up it would say failed to load hamachi configuration. the application will now exit. it is weird because hamachi hasnt given me any problems in the past until now when it made my computer restart and messed up my internet driver settings

Ya well ive tried unstalling it and it restarted my computer again, then i tried again and successfully installed it, im hoping this was the problem and it wont restart anymore (although it still puzzles me why hamachi wont work this time around)

Iam having the same problems, CPU temperatures maxing out around 30c and hard drive at 34c on idle and slightly higher on full loads. After I installed hamachi, my pc booted from the mobo display screen roughly three or four times before windows xp finally loaded and i got back to the log in screen. similar issue with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom