nvidia vs. ati

Status
Not open for further replies.
But X1950XT is high end video card of the previous generation, it is not a mid ranged video card

how come the nvidia card is so much better then the 2900xt when the 2900 has a much higher clock speed, as well as 2x the stream processors? what else tells you which card is better by looking at the specs?

how come the nvidia card is so much better then the 2900xt when the 2900 has a much higher clock speed, as well as 2x the stream processors? what else tells you which card is better by looking at the specs?

tis the just crappy drivers that are out currently... i mean when the 8800gts and gtx came out we all thought it was no better than a 7950gt.... its just Nvidia didn't create good drivers to fully take advantage of the card.... same for AMD now....

Nvidia are my choice, always had nvidia cards. Never had "much" problems.

Couple of driver problems but they could always be solved by rolling it back.

I go with which ever will give the best performance. When I bought my card it was 10% better than a 7600gt for about 10% more money. But when overclocked my ati card with stock cooling gets a 30% better 3dmark05 score than a overclocked 7600gt and it shows in games.

I'm gonna say that nvidia is going to win with the current generation of cards. Based on the fact that the 8800gtx is still better than anything ati has and will be about a year old by the time ati comes out with something better. Plus in pure sales number nvidia has had a long time to sale the 8800's unopposed.

8800 series has more Texture mapping units and Render Output Pipelines

8800GTX has 32 Texture mapping units and 24 Render Output Pipelines

HD2900XT has 16 Texture mapping units and 16 Render Output Pipelines

The Stream processors in 8800GTX runs at 1.35GHz, but the Texture mapping units and Render Output Pipelines runs at 575MHz

In HD2900XT, the stream processor, Texture mapping units and Render Output Pipelines all run at 743MHz

The more stream processors you have the more Shader Operations you have

The more Texture mapping units you have , more Texture Fill Rate you have

The more Render Output Pipelines you have, the more pixel Fill Rate you have

I hope that it is clear for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom