Fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I'm not sure where to post this and im hoping this is right.

I play a lot of FPS games, but the truth is im not really sure what FPS really is...i do know what it stands for frames per second and that its shooter games but thats about it.

What im trying to find out is...
What is good fps or bad
whats the average you should have.
whats the average consoles have.
and why are some games called fps games?

Because i herd some console games have fps of 30 and i know pc's can get more than that on a decent game.

And in a week or two i will be getting my 7900gs and it will be with 2 gigs of ram.
So what are most of the new games i can play and good settings and getting most of the eye candy.

thanks, sorry for asking this if its a dumb question.

good fps is usually above 80. 115 is waht you want to be aiming for, my sys (old p3) gives me around 50fps for cs. basically you want it high enough so that your game aint shaky.
as to your last q, some games are called fps games because they are 'first person shooter games'. like CounterStrike. :)

40 is usually good enough, but if you try playing with good graphics, or playing online with 40fps, it gets shaky. trust me :)

if you are playing an MMO like everquest or wow then 20 fps is fine. in those kind of games higher fps just makes it run more fluid but doesnt really affect how well you can play.

you will usually get lower fps in an MMO anyways since the computer cant be sure what is around the corner. cause each character can look different and there is a degree of randomness as to what will come up next

i dont like games like that. I dont wanna offend anyone but i dont have that much time on my hands..

doesnt matter if you have 1000 FPS you wont notice anything more then what your monitor's refresh rate is at...

for an example..my montior at a res of 1680x1050 can only get 60 hz...so anything over 60 FPS wont be noticed...

Plus from what i hear...the human eye cant detect anything over 60...or is it 100...><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom