Time to Overclock- help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
i was thinking of overclocking my E6600 to 3.0, i'd be happy and set with that point and might not even consider the q6600...but back to the point...i was thinking of setting my FSB to 400mHz, then set multiplier to 8 for a 3.2GHz processor...and i can then run my ram(DDR2 800) in 1:1 ratio right? think i have to up any voltages? everything is set in auto right now...i have a AF7, and my temperatures are considerably low

i dunno if its safe to overclock my GPU anymore cuz it seems they gave me the superclocked version instead of the regular version

you guys think 400 mHz fsb is too high? go for 333 and use multiplier of 9? then my ram wont run at a 1:1 ratio

you guys think 400 mHz fsb is too high? go for 333 and use multiplier of 9? then my ram wont run at a 1:1 ratio

Well unless you dont have diveder options on your mobo, i dont see the need to have 1:1.

I currently have my Q6600 at 3.2Ghz - 355 x 9 with stock cooling and stock voltage and it doesnt go over 40C on load.

Going to 400 might not work, i suggest using dividers and overclocking your G.Skill HZs. Ive got mine at 1065Mhz, cant remember what divider, im at work...

I rekon 400 iz fine. lol, if it works, keep going and try not to fry everything! good rule to go by. Overclock till it nearly blows, then take it back a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom