amd operton

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
i cant see your other components in your sig yoyo.
best oc'ing am2 IMO is x2 3600 brisbane. as far as bang/buck that is. i can squeeze 3.1+ absolutely stable from a 1.9ghz stock chip...with a VERY small increase in voltage. OEM is 59 bucks.
i think apokalipse has his 6000 at like 3.5, but its a bit more expensive.
i would suggest any of the brisbane cpus as the ones to get if you plan on overclocking.

i cant see your other components in your sig yoyo.
best oc'ing am2 IMO is x2 3600 brisbane. as far as bang/buck that is. i can squeeze 3.1+ absolutely stable from a 1.9ghz stock chip...with a VERY small increase in voltage. OEM is 59 bucks.
i think apokalipse has his 6000 at like 3.5, but its a bit more expensive.
i would suggest any of the brisbane cpus as the ones to get if you plan on overclocking.
the 6000+ also has double the cache (which is one of the reasons I got it)
the cahce really helps when you're encoding/decoding video, or file compressing/decompressing with WinRAR or something.

^^very true^^
i do these tasks very rarely. my rig is primarily a gaming/basic destop usage machine.
yeah, gaming usually doesn't see a big improvement with cache, since it involves a lot of spontaneous decisions, which cache really can't help you with.

Though I do like how quickly my CPU chews through compressing/decompressing, encoding/decoding. Those are things I do often enough.

soo if i want to do gfx design is say fireworks / ps any cs3 program.... cache important? or just alot of ram.. i took a A+ training course and understand the workings of a computer but what does Gfx/web design stress in a system ram right?

it was a course at my school required for graduation... a vocational school for Computer systrems I had it bigger but it was too big.. it doesnt bother me its just my 2005 alienware.. nothing crazy... 3200 939 9550se ati card 80 gb hdd ..... basic just wanted it for the case :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom