Seagate Technology - Barracuda® 7200.11
The Tech Report - Seagate announces 1TB Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive

Key Features and Benefits

* Proven second-generation perpendicular recording technology
* Massive capacities of 1 TB, 750 GB and 500 GB
* Up to 32-MB Cache
* Fast SATA 3Gb/s NCQ interface
* Speedy performance at 105Mb/s sustained data rate

Seagate has a proven track record of consistently delivering reliable products in volume, and the new Barracuda 7200.11 family is no exception. Designed with up to four platters and the only second-generation perpendicular recording technology in the industry, the Barracuda 7200.11 drive offers the ideal balance of world-class technology and value, providing customers with an optimal overall solution. The capacity, reliability and performance of this drive, along with its 5-year limited warranty, ensure the longevity of digital content for years to come.

lol what did I tell you Seagate will be coming out with a new series soon with a 1tb drive thus pushing down the complete hdd market in competition with Hitachi. I also said it was going to be late summer early autumn. I am genius!!!!

so its just the 1tb drive that is 7200.11 or will their other drives feel the upgrade?

Those new hard drives have 32MB cache, and they are supposed to be faster than the older ones

Those new hard drives have 32MB cache, and they are supposed to be faster than the older ones

i wanted to get a Seagate 250GB 16mb cache HDD in the fall n these kind have 32mb of cache.

how much of difference would be 16mb to 32mb be? Performance?

am i making a wise choice? I mean, i dont even have a job yet.

wow... thats gona be a crapload of money for yhe 1tb... but id get the 500gb version.

500GB im gonna have to mention to my friend about it. He wants one. I'll see if he wants it or not.

but still, i need a question answered about how much of a difference is a 16mb n 32mb.

probally 25%... i mean, 32mb is a LOT, compared to half of it, 16... and 16 is a lot, i think mine has 8 :/ i need a fast hdd... imagine that in RAID O_O

i just read about cache on wikipedia.org that it's like a temporary storage for data, like buffer. The more cache the better i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom