Results with new 7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
what software should i vold mod with? and what is my vold right now, and what should i go for to be on the safest side, i dont wanna blow up anything.
And after vold modding, does the performance increase rightaway, or do i have to overclock after that.
You can't voltmod them with software.
I made a guide for it here
And I'd recommend trying 1.4V first. If you want to go higher, you should get better cooling.

To answer your last question, you won't see any performance increase just by voltmodding. You do it to increase how high it overclocks.

To overclock, I always use ATITool
yes, it works on Nvidia cards.

I do wonder if that extra ram i just put in lik few days ago helped increase performance. And...
Im not sure how much 3dmark scores really matter, but if my experience with gaming increases, then thats good enough.

I will be going back to school in fall so i might just overclocking and try getting scores over 4000.
What fan would you suggest to get if i wanna overclock higher and if i do, will it increase performance...if so by how much.
And i read somewhere about people using artic cooler 5...and I have NO idea what that is or what benefit it does.

Im really sorry for asking SOOOOOOO many questions, im just trying to get the best with what I have and hopefully not spending too much more money.

the third one is the only one that will work with your current motherboard and ram. its socket 939, the other two are socket am2. if you are changing motherboards to am2 and ram to ddr2, and want to stick with amd, get a brisbane chip. they overclock the best IMO.

yeh i figured that out, thats why i just edited my post..thanks though.
I guess ill be sticking with what i have for some time.
The most ill do is maybe by a cooling fan...thats only if it will let me overclock a lot and incraese performance.

I am confused about ati tool and need help.
when detecting max core or ram do i need to set it to 0 first or leave it in default then click the options? And how long do i have to wait...because i did notice some lags.

Are you talking about the video card?
if so, yes. but I wouldn't recommend going past 1.4V on stock cooling.

yes, or it can just refer to the speed it's running at (e.g. your CPU at 2.2GHZ)

Hey, just noticed it's a Toledo.

Toledo's are supposed to have 1MB L2 cache per core, which means they have disabled half of it for the 3800+

Either because not all the cache passed the tests, or because their yields were low, and decided to use a higher model in their lower chip.

If it's the latter, you should have more luck with overclocking.

from what I understand the 3800+ and the Opty 165 are the same chip but the Opty has double the cache, Cpu-z says my Opty is a Toledo but it is advertised as a Denmark so it seems possible.

i dont think ill be spending more money.
I just bought more ram and the gfx card.
Ill try overclocking this card.

I do need help with ati tool if any of you guys can that would be nice.
Ill just put up a new thread for that

i just oc my card to 581 Core and 801 mem.
And temps were running around 80.
And my score jumped to 4248.

Is that good and safe?
Do you think I should oc more.
It did seem lik the mem could be oclocked way more.
I might try that after i get back from work.

your graphics scores are spot on for that card, only reason your not getting higher is your cpu, as others have said

Thats good news to me. Honestly after that test when i saw it more than 4000...it put a smile on my face, I was actually almost satisfied.

But just to be safe what temps should I NOT go over while gaming....because while im not gaming the temp seems to be around 50.

And if I upgrade it will be the processor that had 2MB Cache, and if i do, most likely not unless I get some extra cash someway...how much will it increase my performance and what score increase should I get.

Im playing Oblivion, stalker, and Rainbow six LV.
Well those are the games that need the gfx card the most...
What settings should I set them on and what FPS should I get on avg.

I do not know how to detect the fps for games while im playing, so if there is a software out there that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom