Are these good parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way a card with the same architecture yet less powerful will do better on anything...I find that hard to believe. The 8600GT/GTS will handle photoshop enough but the 8800GTS is very powerful so I would just get one.

Ah, wlel ok. That's just what I had heard, so I wasn't sure xD.

64bit XP is kind of a hassle with all the drivers and stuff.
Hmm...well I may just wait on that then, and just use a 32-bit version of XP. I have XP home on this machine right now (but it's OEM, so I'd have to call MS if I wanted it to get activated on my new mobo, correct?). I'll probly just get XP Pro for my new comp tho, and keep the XP Home on this comp, just in case I ever have to use this one again xD.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I really appreciate it ^_^. I'm looking at different cases now...dunno if I wanna go with that Coolermaster one I picked out earlier...or go with a different one (maybe one with a clear side panel).

Ah, wlel ok. That's just what I had heard, so I wasn't sure xD.

Hmm...well I may just wait on that then, and just use a 32-bit version of XP. I have XP home on this machine right now (but it's OEM, so I'd have to call MS if I wanted it to get activated on my new mobo, correct?). I'll probly just get XP Pro for my new comp tho, and keep the XP Home on this comp, just in case I ever have to use this one again xD.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I really appreciate it ^_^. I'm looking at different cases now...dunno if I wanna go with that Coolermaster one I picked out earlier...or go with a different one (maybe one with a clear side panel).

here's that coolermaster with the clearview sidepanel - exactly what I have and it the best case I've owned.

Check your private messages, I might consider getting rid of my XP-64

No way a card with the same architecture yet less powerful will do better on anything...I find that hard to believe. The 8600GT/GTS will handle photoshop enough but the 8800GTS is very powerful so I would just get one.

The 8500/8600s have PureVideo 2, compared to the 8800s having just PureVideo.

here's that coolermaster with the clearview sidepanel - exactly what I have and it the best case I've owned
Yeah, I was looking at that one as well.

Thanks for the help tho guys....appreciate all of it =).

Yea your right for things that have to deal with videos the 8500/8600 are nice to have but for just photoshop or something like that it makes no difference.

Thanks for the input on that you guys, appreciate it =). Just wondering though...will my 500w PSU be enough then? Or should I upgrade to like a 600w+ PSU?

Edit: Nevermind... I know 500w won't be enough. I'm most likely not going to OC, so what would probably be a good range of wattage for a PSU? Any suggestions for models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom