Thanks guys... but im still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat_helmet

Daemon Poster
Well first off i want to thank you guys for the help with parts for my new setup. I wasnt going to wait for the July price drop (needing it now) but thats fine, the new Q6600 is just a beast!

Im getting very confused though, cause ive been bechmarking a bit, and im getting some very good, and some very wierd results. The problem is not with the new stuff (q6600, P35-DS3R, G.Skill) but rather my older 7900GT.

My 3Dmark05 score from about a year ago with my athlon 3500+ came in at about 9,200 marks (5,700cpu). When testing with my new system at stock it came in at 8,700 marks (13,500cpu). So the CPU score was way above as i expected, but the 3D score was about 500 less.

It becomes really interesting as i start to overclock it. With the Q6600 @ 3Ghz i ran it again and only got 8,300 3dmarks - but scored a whopping 18,914 CPU marks (8th overall for cpu!).

So my cpu is flying, but my 7900GT is getting slower?? I just dont get it... Is it something to do with the Vista drivers, or is my card just degrading? Any ideas?

nice systen buy the way with that cpu and mobo and ram all bestin ur vga. wat did u say ur 3dmark score was?

Then again, your CPU score probably won't be as high, vista uses multi core processors more efficantly than XP, but also takes a higher toll on your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom