Graphics card advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, only problem is I've been on newegg.com already and there isn't a newegg.co.uk yet!

"Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally. Presently we only deliver within the United States and Puerto Rico.
"

Doh!:rolleyes:

If anyone fancies buying one for me though..

Does anyone know of any US websites that will ship internationally for a reasonable price?

All the FX 5600's are too expensive here in the UK I'm finding.. my budget is only about £50 because I don't plan on using this computer for many more months!

I've not been looking at any Radeons just because of my personal experience with GeForce cards and the fact I hear they're your best bet with OpenGL too.. but if there's a cheap enough yet decent Radeon I'll look at it :)

I would get a Ti line card instead of a FX 5200 card.
FX 5600 card and above or ATI based 9600 and above would be my next choice.Sense your running 256 MB of memory.
THe more memory your Video card has the better .

well Nvidia hasn't done as well as ATI with the Radeon 9x00 and Geforce FX 5xx0 series
a 9200 is not too expensive, but does outperorm the FX 5200 although they are about the same price

Cappy said:
THe more memory your Video card has the better .
Yeah I've been looking for a min of 128MB memory. I'm finding that none of the decent computer suppliers I usually go to stock any Ti cards any more. eBay however has some interesting bargains I keep finding. I guess I'll have to buy privately if I can't find anywhere else. I just found a brand new Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600SE card which is currently only £33.. How does this compare to a Ti 4200 card?

Dante said:
Yeah I've been looking for a min of 128MB memory. I'm finding that none of the decent computer suppliers I usually go to stock any Ti cards any more. eBay however has some interesting bargains I keep finding. I guess I'll have to buy privately if I can't find anywhere else. I just found a brand new Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600SE card which is currently only £33.. How does this compare to a Ti 4200 card?

Ti4200 destroys a 9600se 100 times over in benchmarking. Do not let the "se" fool you. It stands for "special edition" meaning that it was made to be cheap and affordable but the secret to it's cheapness is its memory is cut in half.... so it performance would dramatically decrease. Other names are slow edition, suck-ass edition, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom