The 999,999,999th Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

nylax4

Baseband Member
Recommendations? Comments? The build comes out to $575 after rebates and shipping. There is a combo deal on the RAM and CPU if you buy both together you get $35 subtracted.

CPU- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Motherboard- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

RAM- Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Video Card- Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Extra Fans- Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Optical Drive- Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner - Retail

Case- Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Power Supply- Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail

Hard Drive- (have, Samsung 160GB 7200rpm)

Speakers- headset for online play(have), tv speakers for normal

Monitor- 32" Westinghouse LCD(have)

Mouse- Logitech(have)

Keyboard- Logitech(have)

Operating System- Windows XP(have)

CD Drive- (have)

Misc. - Newegg.com - Rosewill RSD-CR104 USB 2.0 SD/MMC Card Reader - Retail

Games- Resident Evil 4, Oblivion and Call of Duty 2 to start.

He's right just because it's an Antec case and PSU does not mean it is that good of a power supply.

Are you sure you want to go AMD? The C2D are still better for the money right now. I'm going to guess your not going to be overclocking though.

The 8600GT is not worth the money, go for a 7900GS right now or even if you could spring for an X1950XT. especially if you think that you are going to be gaming on that 32 inch Westinghouse with an 8600Gt? Yea right not in your life...the X1950XT isn't really good enough.

The power supply is the Antec SmartPower line, it isn't some cheapo cost efficient throw in.

siddanth3 can you elaborate?

It's a budget build I need a power supply that will just flat out work, its fine unless someone who has experience tells me otherwise.

Are the core 2 duos more of an overclocking cpu?

Why couldn't I go on my 32" westy?

Can you recommend me a cpu fan that is compatible and good?

It's a budget build I need a power supply that will just flat out work, its fine unless someone who has experience tells me otherwise.

Are the core 2 duos more of an overclocking cpu?

Why couldn't I go on my 32" westy?

Can you recommend me a cpu fan that is compatible and good?

Just becuase it's a "budget build" does not mean the Antec will always work. The case PSU''s are never that good really and you may have power issues as 450w isn't that much either.

The C2D are EXCELLENT overclocking CPU's most get around 60-85% overclock easily.

Do you really expect to play games on an LCD tv that large with a mid range card? The 8600GT can barley handle new games at medium quality on a 19 inch monitor let alone a 32 inch TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom