Possible to add a fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
I have used all my fan slots and was wondering if i could add a fan to the side of my case? It has a window there and i'm not sure if the i think its acrylic will crack if i were to drill a hole into it.

No, i don't "need" another fan but i would like to have one blowing on the Vid card. It gets quite hot.

IT might crack. If you get a whole saw. Set the door on top of a piece of styrofoam and drill slowly making sure you not going crooked or applying too much force you should be okay. Depends on the case i know antec uses pretty think plexi glass that might not crack as easily when raidmax is like 1/50 of an inch thick. Oh but attaching the fan might be hard because you have to drill atleast 2 holes to attach the screws. I would give it a try.

An easy way to drill into anything without chipping or cracking it is to put a strip or two of tape right on top of where your going to drill.

Or at least that works most of the time ;)

ALSO>><<<<< 1 more thing, you gotta go at a fast speed. You may need to put some lubricating fluid on the saw beucase if you dont, the acrylic may melt. I was reading about how to cut it. They said that every 2-4 cuts u make with the saw, put some more lubricating fluid on it. But i would just put some on just to keep safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom