Downgrading a OS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
Can I downgrade from Vista to XP? Plus I believe I have the windows XP upgrade, Can I use that? Its on the other computer, will it hurt if I have two versions of XP running at the same time. If I can't, is the Micrsoft WIndows XP home edition OEM a good buy from Newegg.com? What is the difference from the real thing? Thanks.

Ok.. you cant downgrade like you may think.

But you can run different versions of windows on the same pc.

Its called Dual-Booting and if you want you can even triple boot with XP, Vista and Linux

Heres a link:
Windows Vista Beta: How to dual-boot Windows XP and Windows Vista - Lifehacker

Basically its just the same as installing a new OS but before you add-on another OS you have to make a partition on the harddrive (seperate the harddrive into parts) so that that OS can have its own space.

(Edit) The two OS's wont run at the same time, your computer will just give you a choice of which OS to run at each startup

I just want to get rid of Vista all together and start over with XP. Is there a way to get rid of Vista of my CPU?

you will need to purchase a new copy of xp. You cannot run the same cd key on 2 different computers. Then you can format the drive and install xp.

use power to delete vista. use the xp cd to install xp. you will need a win 98, me or 2000 disc on hand to validate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom