this is getting so frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
i got a new mobo, hooked everything up and the thing still won't turn on at all. i wanna take it somewhere to have someone look at it but i don't feel like being charged a ton of money.

It's not even powering on?
Check you've put spacers between the motherboard and the case, first of all. Plugged in the 24 pin power connector, the 4pin motherboard power cable as well, and you have the case powerswitch little wires on right. If you look at the wires from your case, there will be a tiny little arrow on the end if its a double one, that arrow, that's the +.
And you've plugged in at the mains, and turned the power supply on?

Is it plugged in? I seriously have to ask, it happens all the time. Other than that make sure the wattage selector on the back of your PSU is tuned into the correct setting for your country. Your biggest culprit will be the front panel connectors, the mobo not being plugged in, a grounded mobo, and a DOA PSU. there are maby a dozen other things that could cause it but most are like a faulty on switch, or a damaged power wire trace on the mobo, or even a disconnected pin in the mobo power connector. Testing everything would be extremely tedious.

i took it to a shop. all of those things i checked and rechecked and were fine. so im having someone look at it. i dont think it is a dead mobo, otherwise i got two dead mobo's in a row and thats not very likely. its not a dead psu cuz it will turn on and work and everything when it is not hooked up to the mobo (when i jump the green wire to a black one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom