nvidia vs. ati

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that i am a bigger fan of ATi @ the moment. I think that ATi's mid range is much stronger than nVidia's.

Actually it is the opposite. Nvidia mid-ranged cards are always better, 7600GT was the best mid ranged card at its time. 6600GT was the best mid ranged video card at its time.

Actually it is the opposite. Nvidia mid-ranged cards are always better, 7600GT was the best mid ranged card at its time. 6600GT was the best mid ranged video card at its time.

so ur saying the same thing for the 8600gt???

The 8600GT is not worth the money, if you plan on gaming, especially in DX10. I'd say the best mid-range cards are the 7900GS or X1950XT, right now.

The 8600GT is not worth the money, if you plan on gaming, especially in DX10. I'd say the best mid-range cards are the 7900GS or X1950XT, right now.

Why is the 8600 DX10 cards not good for gaming?

Is it becasue the cards power will not let it play a DX10 game very well?

Or, is it that nVidia DX10 drivers are not very good?

I am thinking of a 8600GT card to get me into Windows Vista and DX10 for cheep, is this just a waste of money?

ya thats what i'm thinking... i was just asking his opinion :)

I am thinking of a 8600GT card to get me into Windows Vista and DX10 for cheep, is this just a waste of money?

If you plan on gaming in DX10, you should at least go for the 8800GTS 320mb. The 8600GT, won't do so good. It's more of a light gaming, media center card.

If you want to game in Dx10 the 8600GT and even the GTS are just not going to be powerful enough to handle graphic intense games of DX10, especially since it's in vista. The 7900GS, x1950PRO, and X1950XT are all the cards best for your money because even though they are DX9 they are a good bit more powerful than an 8600GT.

in my opinion nvidia is taking a lead ati is really slowing down at work we have 3 or 4 ati cards all needed to be rma'd but were having trouble getting the rma accepted by saphire and for hardware that was released a year after nvidia and its having trouble keeping up alltho they are doing well on the console platform with the wii and the xbox 360 under its belt

The X1950XT Kills every 7-series card (bar the 7950GX2) and can be had for very cheap here in the UK, only £10 more than a 7900GS, a much weaker card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom